Santa Fe South Schools is proud to provide a high quality education for students, and we consider it a privilege to serve the families who choose to apply for our enrollment lottery and attend our schools.
The Santa Fe South Admissions Process is as follows:
- Enrollment at Santa Fe South is based on a blind, random lottery that opens in March of each year for the upcoming school year. Families may begin to apply online for a seat by submitting an application for our enrollment lottery.
- Our enrollment lottery is held on the 15th of each month or the first academic day after the 15th, beginning March 15th through July 15th. Please see the lottery timeline for lottery application submission dates.
- If applying for the current school year, please visit the Santa Fe South Administration Office.
- Applicants are not carried forward from the previous year. Each new applicant must submit an application each year.
- Applicants who have siblings that currently attend Santa Fe South Schools will receive priority in the enrollment lottery.
- Pre-K students must be 4 years old by September 1st of the current year.
- When applying online, please create an online account on our application platform using an email address that you have consistent access to, as all communication regarding application/registration will be via the email provided in the application.
- You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- State-certified Birth Certificate
- Shot/Immunization Records
- 10th-12th grade applicants only: Transcript from previous school
- Proof of Residency is not required to apply, but will be needed to register your student.
Once your application has been submitted, the application automatically begins the processing stage until the application has been reviewed by our Enrollment Team.
- Once you have completed the application process, you will receive an email with the subject line “Offered Seat” with an email in English and Spanish. If your student received a seat, you may begin the process of accepting or rejecting the seat by clicking on the chair icon.
- If you decide to decline the seat, your student will be removed from all waitlists. To have the application returned to one specific waitlist, please call Santa Fe South Administration at (405) 601-5440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your student has been added to a campus's waitlist, you will still receive an email with the subject line "Lottery Results".
- Once the link is clicked, you will see the waitlist number assigned to your student.
- If you're applying for multiple schools, you will see where on the waitlist your student has been placed for each campus you've applied for.
- If you are unsure which campus your student received a seat at, please call our District Office at (405) 601-5440.
- If a seat becomes available and your student is next in line, you will receive another email with the subject line, "Offered Seat", indicating that your student has been offered a seat at that school. You will now see a chair icon with the words "Accept" or "Decline".
- If the school year begins and your student is still on the Santa Fe South Schools waitlist, we highly encourage you to enroll your student at their zoned neighborhood school.
- Once you have accepted your student's seat you will receive a second email with the link to complete your student's registration.
- Proof of Residency will be required to complete your student's registration. Proof of Residency documents could include gas, electric, or water bills, or a mortgage/rent contract.
- If bills are paid under someone else’s name, please provide a signed and dated letter/note from the person the bill’s name is under stating the applying family lives at the address.
- If any additional documentation is needed, our district office or your student's campus will contact you by phone.
- Once registration is submitted, your student's school will reach out to you to welcome you to the Santa Fe South Familia! If you do not receive a welcome from your student's campus, please feel free to give them a call.
Once your student is fully registered at your campus, your student’s journey as a Santa Fe South officially begins! We are grateful and honored to serve your student on their educational journey.
2024-25 School Year Lottery Application Timeline
January 2 Applications available online and can be accessed from the District Website
January 2 Intra-District Transfer Requests open
January 12 Registration open for all current students
February 28 Deadline for current students to complete registration for upcoming school year
March 6 Intra-District Transfer Requests closed
March 12 Lottery Applications close at midnight for 1st Lottery
March 15 1st Lottery, parents of seated students notified
March 16 Lottery Applications open at midnight for 2nd Lottery
March 31 Registration due for 1st Lottery Seated Students
April 10 Lottery Applications close at midnight for 2nd Lottery
April 15 2nd Lottery, parents of seated students notified
April 16 Lottery Applications open at midnight for 3rd Lottery
April 30 Registration due for 2nd Lottery Seated Students
May 12 Lottery Applications close at midnight for 3rd Lottery
May 15 3rd Lottery, parents of seated students notified
May 16 Lottery Applications open at midnight for 4th Lottery
May 31 Registration due for 3rd Lottery Seated Students
June 12 Lottery Applications close at midnight for 4th Lottery
June 17 4th Lottery; parents of seated students notified (Please complete registration at the SFS District Administration Building)
June 18 Lottery Applications open at midnight for Final Lottery
July 10 Lottery Applications close at midnight for Final Lottery
July 15 Final Lottery; parents of seated students notified (Please complete registration at the SFS District Administration Building)
July 16 Lottery Applications open at midnight
After July 16th, additional enrollment lotteries will be held only as needed to fill vacant seats.